Why apply for this role?
In this 9-month FTC as a Project Manager you’ll play a key role in the team. You will join a fast-paced environment where you will be participating in an exciting new initiative to deliver a new eDiscovery tool and decommission the existing tool. You’ll define and develop implementation plans, work with project governance and stakeholders to ensure outcomes that align to strategic objectives.
You will be in the centre of the action, where you will proactively monitor and control project progress to plan, including identifying risks and issues, tracking project costs, and confirming benefits and associated KPIs.
If this sounds like something you’d enjoy, we’d like to hear from you.
What you’ll be doing
- Responsible for defining the project budget and gaining project governance approval and accountable for the total project cost.
- Driving the focus on effective and timely delivery of projects, with specific challenge and quality assurance of plans, critical path management, status reporting, resourcing, and budget and dependency management.
- Working with the L&R Workstream lead to ensure the necessary stakeholder engagement and sign offs throughout delivery.
- Ensuring all risks and issues have an agreed owner and target resolution dates.
- Managing and direct the project team, providing clear objectives and tasks in support of delivery.
- Presenting findings on proposed solutions to complex operational and processing problems and makes recommendations.
What we’re looking for
- Previous experience in a project management role within a regulated banking environment.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of project management methodologies and best practices.
- Ability to build collaborative rapport with stakeholders across the business and demonstrate influencing skills.
- Ability to identify and assess risks and issues and to propose potential mitigating actions to effectively manage risk.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- E-discovery experience�
What else you need to know
Given the recent impact of the Coronavirus outbreak we will be conducting all interviews via telephone or video-conference where possible.
This is a 9-month FTC position which will initially be based remotely, however once restrictions have been lifted there may be requirements to come into the office.�
How we’ll reward you
As well as a competitive salary, you’ll enjoy a benefits package that you can tailor to your needs. For contract roles, your salary, bonus (where eligible) and certain benefits will be prorated to reflect your contract duration.
- Pension with generous contributions of up to 12.5% from Santander, depending on your own contribution and length of employment with us
- 30 days holiday plus bank holidays, with the option to purchase up to 5 contractual days per year
- �6,000 car allowance per year
- Company funded individual private medical insurance
- Voluntary healthcare benefits at discounted rates such as private medical insurance for your family, dental insurance, healthcare cash plan and health assessments
- Benefits supporting you and your family, such as death-in-service benefit, income protection, and voluntary life assurance and critical illness cover
- Share in Santander’s success by investing in our Sharesave and Partnership shares plans
For more information about our wide range of benefits and family friendly policies visit our website.
At Santander, with only a small action or a simple idea, you can achieve great things. You can improve the daily life of more than 140 million people. You can collaborate with a friendly team of more than 200,000 employees.
It doesn’t stop there. You’ll also be part of a vibrant organisation that’s been reinventing itself for more than 160 years. One that invests millions of pounds in training its people every year. One that helps more than 2 million people every year with social programmes.
We call it #TheSantanderEffect.
Santander are an equal opportunities employer. Our customers come from a wide range of backgrounds, and so do our people. We have an inclusive culture that aims to make all colleagues feel they belong and can succeed at Santander, and we particularly welcome applications from different underrepresented groups.
For more information on our commitment to equal opportunities, please visit our diversity page here.
What to do next
If this sounds like a role you’re interested in, then please apply on the link below.
Due to high volume of applications we may need to close this role earlier than the advertised date, so recommend submitting an application as soon as possible.