London, United Kingdom
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
Business area introduction
As part of the Global DCM team at SCIB, the FIG DCM desk focuses on origination and execution of bond financing transactions for FIG issuers across Europe.
- Assist the coverage of all European bank and insurance clients for bond new issues.
- In cooperation with other team members, prepare and deliver client pitches on relevant transaction ideas, market updates, key developments and strategic options
- On active mandates, liaise with relevant stakeholders within and outside SCIB to prepare, launch, market and execute a range of capital market transactions
- Help train and develop the analyst pool by actively involving and delegating, with appropriate oversight and management of the key risks
What we’re looking for
- Basic Knowledge of client base (European Banks) and/or their bond and financing needs; ability to drive agenda with those clients; link with wide internal team including Syndicate, Banking, Swaps, Sales etc.
- Experience in DCM origination or a similarly technical role, with a specific focus on FIG issuers/market
- Regulatory certification /Fit & Proper assessment for the role
- Educated to Degree level in a relevant subject (preferably in an Economics and Finance related field) – Post Degree education a plus
- Modern European Languages (Spanish, French, German, Dutch) in additional to fluency in English is desirable
What else you need to know
This role is based in our Triton Square office in London, conveniently located within walking distance from Euston Station and Warren Street Station.
Given the recent impact of the Coronavirus outbreak we will be conducting all interviews via telephone or video-conference where possible.
How we’ll reward you
As well as a competitive salary, you’ll enjoy a benefits package that you can tailor to your needs.
- Eligible for a discretionary performance-related annual bonus
- Pension with generous contributions of up to 12.5% from Santander, depending on your own contribution and length of employment with us
- 27 days holiday plus bank holidays, with the option to purchase up to 5 contractual days per year
- Company funded individual private medical insurance
- Voluntary healthcare benefits at discounted rates such as private medical insurance for your family, dental insurance, healthcare cash plan and health assessments
- Benefits supporting you and your family, such as death-in-service benefit, income protection, and voluntary life assurance and critical illness cover
- Share in Santander’s success by investing in our Sharesave and Partnership shares plans
For more information about our wide range of benefits and family friendly policies visit our website.
Santander are an equal opportunities employer. When we talk about diversity, we don’t just want to pay lip service. Our customers come from a wide range of backgrounds, and so do our people. It’s important to us that we create an inclusive culture where everyone counts, and we particularly welcome applications from different underrepresented groups.
For more information on our commitment to equal opportunities, please visit our diversity page here.
What to do next
If this sounds like a role you’re interested in, then please apply on the link below.
Due to high volume of applications we may need to close this role earlier than the advertised date, so recommend submitting an application as soon as possible.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR